Ginkgo Biloba is an ancient tree from China with unique fan-shaped leaves.
Ginkgo leaves start out green but change to golden-yellow in the fall. Before the whole leaf turns golden, there is sometimes a stage during which the leaf is two-toned, with separate bands of gold and green.
While it loses its leaves in winter, this ancient tree is classified as a conifer. These trees will generally do well in USDA planting zones 4 through 9.
The Ginkgo Biloba I Actually Received
I received Ginkgo Tree with a few leaves on it. It’s about 13 inches in height. I’ve had for about a week outside. It’s been a rainy week. I think the Ginkgo is wilting due to overwatering!
Where To Buy A Ginkgo Biloba Tree
Amazon has a number of varieties, including dwarf Ginkgoes:
- Ginkgo Tree — Gingoko Biloba “Golden Maidenhair” Tree — 4″ pot — 2 years old — $30
- Dwarf Ginkgo Tree – Ginkgo biloba ‘Todd’s Dwarf’ — 1 year old — $40
- Pyramidal Ginkgo Tree — Ginkgo biloba ‘Saratoga’ — 1 year old — $40
- Dwarf Ginkgo – Ginkgo biloba ‘Jade Butterfly’ — 1 year old — $40
- Miniature Ginkgo – Ginkgo biloba ‘Troll’ — 4 year old — $50