These are the safest and least toxic sunscreens and insect repellents I’ve found:
- Thinksport Kid Safe Sunscreen 50 SPF — this very safe suncreen gets a “1” rating (the highest) from the Environment Working Group’s skin deep database — first sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements
- Thinksport Sunscreen 50 SPF — the adult version of the sunscreen — not sure what the difference is between the two
- Repel Plant-Based Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent — a reasonably non-toxic repellent — Consumer Reports says this repellent works for 6.5 hours
- Murphy’s Naturals Lemon Eucalyptus Oil Insect Repellent — another repellent made with lemon eucalyptus oil
- EcoSmart Wasp Killer — a non-toxic wasp repellent made with peppermint oil
6 thoughts on “A List Of Non-Toxic Sunscreens and Insect Repellents”
Non-toxic sunscreens and insect repellents are better for both the environment and human health. Look for products with natural, mineral-based ingredients like zinc oxide and citronella oil.
We have tried this and we have also opted to try some essential oils that could act as insect repellants.
I’m glad to see this list. I’ve tried so many insect repellants and I hope I’ll find one on the list that suits me.
These are great alternatives when we don’t have time to make our own! I usually make one from peppermint essential oil drops in distilled water. I carry it around in a tiny spray bottle that I got on Amazon. You can add lemon essential oil and/or eucalyptus too. Pests hate peppermint and eucalyptus!
Awesome! This is what I need for me and my family since we have a sensitive skin. I had experience before that I got allergy on the sunscreen I’ve used that is why I am looking for a legit one. Thank you for sharing this.
Awesome! These lists of safest and least toxic sunscreens and insect repellents are ver helpful since I experienced skin allergy before with the sunscreen I’ve used that put my life in danger. I wish I read this before I decide what to buy. Thank you so much for sharing this.