Listed here are non-toxic wood finishes and sealants:
Non-Toxic Furniture Finishes
- Vermont Natural Coatings Poly Whey Furniture Finish — seals and protects — scratch & chemical resistant
- Osmo Wood Wax Finish — a clear, satin wood finish which combines the advantages of both natural oils and waxes
- AFM Safecoat Finish — a clear, hard and durable high gloss, water-based replacement for high solvent content lacquer — works for chemically sensitive people
- Tried and True Original Wood Finish — a non-toxic and zero-VOC Danish oil that creates a satin finish — can be used on cuttings boards and children’s furniture
- Howard Feed-N-Wax Restorative Wood Furniture Polish and Conditioner — protective beeswax
- Multipurpose Natural Wood Beeswax — protective beeswax
Non-Toxic Floor Finishes
- Vermont Natural Coatings PolyWhey Floor Finish — a clear finish that seals & protects against scratches –very low VOC
- 100% Pure Tung Oil Finish Wood Stain & Natural Sealer — brings out the natural beauty of any surface, adding a rich, darker finish without the use of solvents or varnishes.
Outdoor Wood Non-Toxic Wood Finishes
- Performance Coatings Penofin Verde Sustainable Wood Finish — a 100% sustainable, petroleum free oil finish with no heavy metal compounds, no odor, and no fumes
- Eco-Poly Polyurethane Sealer — a polyurethane sealer for wood, floor, and concrete surfaces — provides scratch, crack and moisture resistance
- Seal It Green Extreme Total Wood Sealer — a plant-based sealer suitable for all wood types
- Seal-Once Nano Penetrating Wood Sealer & Stain — a water-based sealer with “penetrating nanotechnology” — use on outdoor decks and other outdoor wood
10 thoughts on “A List Of Non-Toxic Wood Finishes”
So good that manufacturers started making non-toxic repair products. Previously, they didn’t even think about such things, they used what they had and did not think about their health. Now the topic of health is more popular than ever and everyone is trying to make themselves healthier.
Very much appreciated. Thank you for this excellent article. Keep posting!
This is beautiful. We have so many customers asking for decking or retaining walls made out of this. Such a great and versatile material.
This is perfect. We’ve installed a ton of wood decks recently, and this kind of list is super helpful. Saving this one.
Wonderful look to the finish!
Some of the most popular non-toxic wood treatments are natural oils. Linseed oil, tung oil, walnut oil, and hemp oil are among them. Some waxes, such as beeswax and carnaubu wax, are non-toxic as well.
So good that manufacturers started making non-toxic products. Keep it up!
nice article keep sharing
Finally, we have waited for the time when you can have a choice, even if you are allergic or very sensitive to odors and chemical compounds. We have now begun repairs throughout the house and are in search of some kind of non-toxic coating. And I am very glad that now I have a choice. I especially always want to protect young children from this, because you never know what reaction they will have to the compositions. Moreover, when the repairs are being quarantined and we are constantly at home, then I would not want to breathe something harmful. Therefore, thank you for your advice, we will definitely take note.
So good that manufacturers started making non-toxic repair products. Previously, they didn’t even think about such things, they used what they had and did not think about their health. Now the topic of health is more popular than ever and everyone is trying to make themselves healthier. I am also one of them and I think that there should not be toxic substances in the house, which nullify our health. I am thinking of buying an Eco-Poly Polyurethane Sealer and using it for the future. Thank you!