All of the glue are non-toxic and low VOC — this means they don’t release volatile organic compounds throughout their life. They are also free of xylene, toulene, light aliphatic naphtha and N-hexane.
Non-Toxic All-Purpose Adhesives
- Weldbond Multi-Purpose Glue — non-toxic, low VOC household glue — use on wood ceramics, stone, tiles, glass and foam
- Elmer’s Multi-Surface Bond Weatherproof Glue — another household multipurpose adhesive — claims to be weatherproof — can be used on metal, stone, wood, ceramic and plastic
- Better Ultimate Adhesive — less toxic “super glue” type adhesive
- Rescue Bond Sealant & Adhesive —interior and exterior sealant and adhesive
Non-Toxic Silicone Adhesives
- Dap All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant — 100% silicone, waterproof and suitable for aquariums
- Aquascape Silicone Sealant Safe for Fish and Plants — another 100% silicone, waterproof and suitable for aquariums
Non-Toxic Construction Adhesives
- Titebond GREENchoice Advanced Polymer Panel Adhesive — a non-toxic glue for use on panels
- Titebond II Premium Wood Glue — a non-toxic adhesive that can be used on engineered floating wood flooring and outdoor furniture, wood and metal frame construction
- AFM Safecoat Almighty Adhesive is a solvent-free, environmentally safe construction adhesive
- Chemlink BuildSecure is a solvent-free, no odor, fast-setting polyether-based adhesive specially designed for bonding most construction materials — available on Amazon
- Forbo Flooring Adhesives — non-toxic flooring adhesives
- Silco Eco-Tite ET 5500 — an adhesive that works on multiple surfaces — PVC, concrete, glass, aluminum, painted surfaces, wood plywood, marble and metal
6 thoughts on “A List Of Non-Toxic Adhesives For The Home”
Perfect! Tried this the other day. No lingering smell, which was great.
In the so-called “non-toxic” glues, is there one that is actually safe to use on toys that dogs play with? I have a beloved ball that is separating at the seam holding the two parts together. None of the 10 or so balls I have ordered to replace this one interest my dog, he only wants the one that is “injured”. I am in search of a safe glue to use for repair.
Which of these would be best used for upholstery? Specifically, glueing latex cushions to wood? Many thanks
Non Toxic adhesives are definitely the way to go! Switched to these a long time ago! Thank you for sharing this list!
We switched to non toxic adhesives a long time ago. I am impressed with the products and also am happy to be more environment friendly.
Cool that now you can find many non-toxic paints, adhesives and various other accessories for repairs. This helps to protect us and our loved ones. There have been many cases when, due to negligence and the use of toxic substances during repairs, people received injuries caused by loss of consciousness and so on. Thanks for sharing this list, this is cool!