Zero-emission paint is more expensive than regular paint — but it’s worth it for the health benefits. Interior paints can release toxic emissions into a room for months or even years.
Look for paints that are “zero VOC” — or better — paints that are “zero-emission”.
Volatile organic compounds (“VOCs”) are chemicals that are harmful when inhaled.
Zero VOC and Low Emission Wall Paints
- Benjamin Moore Natura Paint — zero-VOC and zero emissions — this the greenest paint offered by Benjamin Moore
- Benjamin Moore Aura Paint — a zero-VOC paint line
- AFM Safecoat — a very safe line of paint from AFM — founded thirty years ago specifically for chemically sensitive customers
- Clare Paint — all Clare paint is low odor, has zero VOCs and colorants, and is Greenguard Gold certified
- Green Planet Paint — features plant- and mineral-based formulas — no colorants that have VOCs (which is how many low- and no-VOC paints end up with the chemicals in their ingredients)
- Auro Paints — somewhat expensive, but very high quality non-toxic paint
- Backdrop Paint — is low-VOC, odorless, and holds a Greenwise certification
- Magnolia Paint — Joanna Gaines’ paint line — low VOC and completely made of acrylic
- Valspar Paint — zero-VOC, 100 percent acrylic, and Greenguard Gold certified for air quality
- Retique Chalk Paint — a traditional chalk-based paint — non-toxic
- Rust-Oleum Simply Home Interior Wall Paint — another chalk-based paint
- Bioshield Paint — offers clay and chalk paints
- Behr Premium Plus Paint — low emission paint, Greenguard Gold Certified for low chemical emissions.
10 thoughts on “A List Of Non-Toxic Paint For The Home”
I’ve been looking for a good non-toxic paint for my business. Glad i came across this article, I’ll give this brand a try.
Yahoo! Your blog is so incredible. Keep it up
It’s really important to find these brands and this type of paint most especially when you have an infant or toddler.
Thanks for sharing these non-toxic paints list.
Thanks for sharing such a great list of non-toxic paints.
Thank you for this list of paints. Very helpful.
Our non-toxic, zero-VOC paint is perfect for indoor or outdoor applications. Shop our odorless paint today to learn more about our organic paint options.
Very helpful article! Thanks for sharing this list!
We like to use non-toxic paints for our designs specially when it is used by the children.
Thanks for sharing these non-toxic paints. I needed this when I will be painting the room of my kids.